- Who are Chorus Business Advisers?
- The types of information we collect
- How we may use this information
- How we will contact you
- How we handle your information and other organisations
- Where we store information
- How to access your personal information
- Cookies Policy
- How cookies work
- Types of cookies
- Controlling or deleting cookies
We are committed to protecting your personal information. This page will set out the basis on which we will process any personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us.
4th Floor Gateway Building,
10 Elmer Approach,
Who are Chorus Business Advisers?
Chorus Business Advisers are an Essex based company dedicated in assisting organisations of all types and all sizes to achieving and maintaing compliance with Data Protection laws.
The types of information we collect
- When you engage with us, for example, access our information or use our services/products, we may collect and process personal information about you. Depending on your activity, this personal information may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth or financial details.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may also collect details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data and the resources that you access.
How we may use this information
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so, for example, we may generate reports or invoices or help you complete forms by pre-filling them, using contact details you have previously provided.
- To provide you with information regarding services or products you have requested.
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our website by providing you with the most user-friendly navigation experience we can for your computer or other internet device.
- With IP addresses, to identify your approximate location, block disruptive use or to establish the number of visits to the website from different countries.
- To process personal information for the purposes of customer analysis and direct marketing to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information.
Your data will be stored securely on our servers as long as it is needed for communication, research and improvement purposes. If you no longer wish Chorus to process your data, you can contact the Data Privacy Officer and your data will be deleted from our servers
Note that we may be legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations,
How we will contact you
If we contact you by phone or letter, we will not contact you again if you ask us not to. You can contact us to change your contact preferences by emailing email@example.com or calling 0845 8671263
How we handle your information and other organisations
SSL encryption is used on the website to encrypt the information you provide us. This ensures that the data is collected and stored securely.
Chorus will not rent or sell your personal information to other organisations for use by them in their own direct marketing activities.
Where we store information
How to access your personal information
You have a right to know whether or not Chorus holds any information about you (personal data) and a right to be provided with your information within 30 days in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
You can request your personal information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
4th Floor Gateway Building,
10 Elmer Approach,
We will not make a charge for this. It’ll help us to find your information if you can tell us something about the nature of your contact with us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
A cookie is a small file that is sent to your computer or mobile phone which contains information that allows us to recognise that you have used our website before.
Cookies are safe and secure and are commonly used on websites.
A cookie typically contains:
- The name of the server the cookie was sent from
- The lifetime of the cookie
- A unique identifier (usually a number)
How cookies work
When you visit Chorus’ website, the page that you see and cookies are downloaded to your device. Your browser and our web server exchange the cookie and we use this number to recognise you when you return to our site or browse from page to page. Only the server that sends a cookie can read it, and therefore use, that cookie.
This file is stored on your computer’s (or phone’s) hard drive. All websites can send a cookie to your browser if your browser settings allow it. Many websites do this to track online traffic flow.
Types of cookies
Cookies can be categorised from their life span:
- Session or temporary cookies: these cookies expire when you close your browser or when the session times out
- Persistent or permanent cookies: these are usually stored on your hard disk and survive across multiple sessions and have a longer expiration date
Controlling or deleting cookies
You can control and disable cookies through your browser settings. All browsers are different, so visit allaboutcookies website to find out more.